I did it!
I drove back through Colorado (thanks Chris Oltyan for lunch!), made it back into Nebraska, dragged myself into Iowa, and then drove into Illinois before making it back home to my husband.
After 53 days on the road I finally made it home yesterday. Today is now unofficially “Post Road Trip – Day 1″!
Of course now that my body knows it doesn’t have to go anywhere for awhile the exhaustion has set in. Unfortunately I have a lot of work to do and a lot of inspiration from my trip. In no particular order here is what I’m hoping to accomplish over the next few months:
1) Continue to work with my great clients and find some new ones that will fulfill me and my associates creatively (and financially).
2) Get in touch with Brandii Grace and work more on the IGDA’s Volunteer Management Program and make a post about that in the future detailing my background and thoughts.
3) Move forward with more of my thoughts and ideas on the post-Global Game Jam parties.
4) Start prepping for GDC!
5) Continue to make more posts here and sheriforigda.org.
6) Work on the redesign of designdirectdeliver.com.
8) Consider doing another road trip hitting the rest of Canada, the east coast, the south, and Texas.
9) Continue to work on the potential run for the IGDA Board of Directors
Speaking of, I have an IGDA Chicago organizers call and a client call coming up today so I think I’m going to go nap off this exhaustion a bit before my day gets fully going. A big thank you to everyone who’s helped me get through this trip financially, physically, mentally, or inspirationally. I had a blast hanging out with friends, connecting with colleagues, and networking with new people (even slightly introverted me). Until next time…
- Sheri Rubin, founder and CEO of Design Direct Deliver, is a business consultant and 15-plus year veteran of the game industry.